The Perfect Duo: Dermal Fillers and BOTOX® for Anti-Ageing
In a world where the pursuit of timeless beauty is more prevalent than ever, non-surgical anti-ageing procedures have become the talk of the town. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) survey in 2022, non-surgical procedures witnessed a remarkable increase of 57.8% worldwide from 2018 to 2022. Botox emerged as the most common non-surgical procedure, closely followed by fillers.
Clearly, the global demand for non-surgical cosmetic enhancements is on the rise. Today, we unravel the transformative alliance of dermal fillers and Botox – the dynamic duo promising not only a reduction in the signs of ageing but a comprehensive, synergistic approach to rejuvenation.
Understanding the Basics
How Dermal Fillers Work
The most popular filler, hyaluronic acid, stands out for its low allergic response, ease of injection, and rapid recovery. Expert practitioners assess your skin and desired outcome(s) to determine the most suitable filler for you. Hyaluronic acid, for example hydrates and plumps up your skin, creating more volume, definition, and a youthful look. Dermal fillers strategically applied to areas like cheeks, lips, and nasolabial folds replenish lost volume and smooth out fine lines.
How Botox Works
Botox, a muscle relaxant, works wonders by temporarily paralyzing specific muscles responsible for wrinkles. For instance, it relaxes the muscles that cause lines on the forehead when someone is surprised and raises their eyebrows, resulting in a smoother, more youthful appearance.
The Synergy of Dermal Fillers and BOTOX®
Why opt for both? In the beauty world, dermal fillers and Botox are known as the ‘dynamic duo’, where the volume-restoring capabilities of dermal fillers are combined with Botox's effectiveness in targeting dynamic wrinkles. This not only yields natural- looking results but also extends the longevity of each treatment, providing a powerful and lasting anti-ageing solution.
Choosing the Right Combination - Factors to Consider
Age, skin type, and desired outcomes influence the ideal combination. The ageing process is unique to each individual, and a tailored approach ensures optimal results. For example, someone with volume loss in their cheeks but minimal wrinkles elsewhere might need filler for the cheeks and Botox for the upper facial wrinkles.
Seeking guidance from a qualified practitioner is crucial. Their expertise ensures a personalized plan, considering individual needs and anatomy, leading to a safer and more effective treatment.
Common Side Effects
Common side effects of dermal fillers include swelling and bruising, varying in recovery time based on the treatment. Similarly, Botox may result in muscle weakness, bruising, or swelling at the injection site, the extent of which depends on the treatment and injection technique.
Tips for Maintaining Results
We suggest following these guidelines for pre and post care of your Filler & Botox appointment:
- Discontinue the use of blood thinning medications 4 hours before treatment (ex.,ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Fish Oil, St. John’s Wort, Gingko Bilboa, Ginseng, etc.). This also includes alcohol consumption.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal creams in the area(s) to be treated.
- Keep the area to be treated free of any topical products or make-up.
- Refrain from using any strong skincare products within 24 hours before treatment.
- Stay in an upright position for 4 hours after treatment to allow the Botox to properly settle.
- Move your muscles that were injected with Botox for 1-2 hours.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 24 hours after treatment. Also, avoid applying makeup or lotions.
- Avoid strenuous activity for the remainder of the day.
- Avoid blood thinning medications (ex., ibuprofen, aspirin, and alcohol) for at least 12 hours as this may increase the chance of bruising.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until redness has subsided. Apply SPF 30+ to treated area(s).
- Wait a minimum of 4 weeks before laser treatments and 1 week before strong skin treatments.
In summary, the benefits of combining dermal fillers and Botox are undeniable. This powerful anti-ageing solution offers natural-looking results, longer-lasting effects, and a tailored approach to individual needs. As we conclude this exploration, we encourage readers to explore the transformative potential of the perfect duo – a journey towards a more rejuvenated, age-defying you. Embrace the harmony, embrace the power of dermal fillers and Botox.